MPS is ALL about Understanding
The managed print services (MPS) definition is simply to gain visibility and control of printing in any enterprise (large or small). It helps companies save money (10-30% on overall printing spend), boost productivity of employees and at the same time helps companies to improve environmental sustainability (carbon footprints) and document security (a must in every book of a CTO)
Most of the time companies, in India approach managed service provider’s (MSPs) with per paise/page approach and not fully understanding the true meaning of managed print services (MPS) approach followed by MSPs. Managed print services (MPS) is not about commodity selling in fact its ”Services” selling for next 3-5 years like outsourcing the entire printing infrastructure to the domain experts.
3P’s (People, Process & Product) play a very vital role in Managed Print Services (MPS), as managed print services companies do more than just overseeing printers. They utilize the 3P’s strategy to enable enterprise customers to gain an insight on the overall print environment through the steps taken below:
- AS-IS Assessment:Conduct a thorough, up-front assessment (Interviews/surveys/site walk through) to analyze enterprise current printing infrastructure and processes
- Print Management:Monitor, manage and optimize the total print output environment, end to end, regardless of printer brand through various software solution
- Assets Optimization:Provide a road map to reduce the number and types of printing devices and supplies while meeting the needs of the business.
- Proactive Monitoring:Proactively identify and solve potential printing problems and replenish supplies before employees are affected
- Environment Sustainability:Reduce your environmental footprint through printing less paper, consuming less energy, generating fewer greenhouse gases and keeping waste out of landfills.
- Mobile Printing:Give telecommuters and mobile workers easy and secure printing access. BYOD concepts to be more used in enterprises with minimal security issues and better accessibility
- Better Processes:Continuously monitor your printing environment and use ongoing process improvements to save you time and money. Turn slow, paper-based processes (like routing and approvals) into automated, digital ones.
- Smooth Integration:Provide network management and information technology (IT) integration, from platform support to cloud-based solutions.
- Onsite Training & Transition:Train employees for a smooth transition through change management for more employee satisfaction and productivity
One of the key challenges in the market which gets noticed now a day is the lack of transparency of SLAs. SLAs are extremely important to customers as well as managed service providers (MSPs). Enterprise Customers are often clueless about the type of services to include in the SLA. At the same time, MSPs are often not consistent and fail to comply with the agreements made in the SLAs. But in order to pitch a true managed print services (MPS), managed service providers (MSPs) should strictly comply to the signed and agreed SLA’s with penalty clause to safeguard enterprise customer‘s interest also.
Various researches have shown that the managed print services market is expect to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.75 percent between 2012 and 2016. Overall, a further 20% are planning to use MPS within the next year, reflecting the growing maturity of the market.
I would say that managed print services market will continues to gain momentum in the coming years as more and more enterprises seek to tackle escalating print costs and drive greater business efficiency.
Thanks and Regards,
Sr.Business Development Manager – IT Solutions and Services Sales
Mobile: +91-9870291860 +91-7506403052